I have over eighteen years of personal and professional experiences in the adoption field. My interest in adoption began while still in graduate school, where I interned in a foster care agency. Seeing children with no hope of permanency touched me.
Afterwards, while working in the public school system, I had the opportunity to work with many domestically and internationally adopted children and their families. My husband and I have always wanted to grow our family through adoption. We are the proud parents of three wonderful children, one biological and two of whom who were adopted domestically.
After adopting, I left the educational field to pursue my passion to help people attain their dreams of completing their forever family through adoption. I bring this unique expertise, first hand understanding and skill dealing with the adoption roller coaster ride as an adoptive mother to my work and am happy to share my inspiring story with you. That is why I started Adoption Social Work, New York. It would be an honor to be a part of your adoption journey.
• Bachelor of Social Welfare 1988, SUNY Stony Brook
• Master of Social Work 1989, Columbia University
• Russian Adoption Trainer Certificate 2012, University of Pittsburgh
• New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker
• New Jersey Licensed Social Worker
• New York and New Jersey School Social Work Specialty Credential
• National Association of Social Workers
• Adoption Foster Care Therapist Network – Founding Member
• Adoptive Parents Committee (APC), Active Volunteer and Regular Guest Speaker at meetings & annual conferences
• Long Island Chapter APC – Past Vice-President
• Long Island Chapter APC – Programming Chairperson
• Baker Victory Services – Social Worker
• Family Focus Adoption Services – Social Worker
• Long Island Adoption Support Group
• Mommy’s Angels Adoption Support Group
• Monthly column for an adoption web site – Writer
• Russian-orphan summer camp program – Past Volunteer
Types of Social Work Services Provided
• Pre-Adoption Consultations and Counseling
• Domestic Independent, Agency and International Home Studies
• Post Placement and Post Adoption Supervision and Counseling
• Birth Mother Options Counseling and Consultations
• LGBT-Q Adoptions and Second Parent Adoptions
• Single Parent Adoptions
• Step Parent Adoptions
I am very familiar with the New York State requirements for precertification and USCIS guidelines and know what needs to get done, as well as the ICPC rules in order to get you home and have an ethical and successful adoption.
Services are available to residents of Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Nassau, Queens, Rockland, Staten Island, Suffolk and Westchester County.
Thank you for considering me for your adoption needs. Please contact me with any questions you may have or to schedule an appointment for your adoption consultation, pre-adoption home study or post adoption visit.
Leslie I. Zindulka, LCSW-R
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Phone/FAX: (631) 754-3723